We are looking for a Front-End Software Engineer to help improve experiences and performance across the CLASSIC.COM platform.
You should have 4-6 years of development experience, and should be used to working in a fast-paced environment. You will be joining a small, nimble team that values collaboration and individual accountability. We dream big, execute quickly, and pivot as needed.
This opportunity can be 100% remote (with core hours across US time zones) or on-site at our Miami, Florida, headquarters. Our primary stack is Phoenix LiveView for all user experiences, with a focus on performance and optimization. On the backend we use a NodeJS GraphQL server combined with a PostgreSQL data store for efficient data serving.
You are probably the right fit if your experiences to date include:
- Building real time reactive web apps (Phoenix LiveView / React)
- Building and working with REST & GraphQL APIs
- A passion and desire for continuously learning and sharpening your skills
- A love for cars, especially classics (or at least an appreciation)
And at a minimum you should be comfortable working with:
- Phoenix LiveView, React, or other componentized reactive frameworks
- Git / Github
- REST APIs
- Working in the terminal (ssh)
A typical day at CLASSIC.COM may include:
- Build new features and enhancements
- Improve what users see and interact with
- Connect to a partner API and reformat
- Build a Metrics Dashboard for the team
- Bug reconnaissance and fixing
- Collaboration with the team at large
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings
- Identify and share new ideas for the platform
You will not be expected to know everything, and you should be willing to fail, learn fast, be honest, be forthright, and have fun while doing it. After all, we get to think about classic cars all day – what could be more fun than that?
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Front-end Software Engineer” – in your email, include your resume, links to relevant experience (live websites) and/or Github projects and answer the question: What excites you most about this opportunity?